From Stewardship Institute
This is where I am gradually getting information up on projects that might otherwise be lost in the sands of time
These projects are more historical in nature:
- Magnuson stake farm - A installation to produce live-stakes to empower volunteer stream and shoreline revegetation.
- Live-stake research - Thesis work investigating use of stem cuttings for field propagation of native shrubs.
- Garden Workshops - I have offered gardening workshops in the past, and hope to offer again.
- Jordan tidal freshwater restoration - A re-vegetation project in a freshwater tidal wetland system, which provided some interesting learning.
- The Revegetation Calculator - A tool for automating re-vegetation design and project management tasks - I have got to clean this up one day and get it on-line.
- Montessori Ecosystem Garden - a messy 2000 square foot school garden
A couple of these projects are more immediate and ongoing:
- Home garden - A messy acre of increasing food and habitat
- The Salish Sea Wiki - a intergovernmental information sharing project around ecosystem management.
- Ecosystem Restoration Camp - Altiplano - an international volunteer project to develop semi-nomadic educational restoration camps in semi-arid lands to resist desertification.
Some are purely speculative:
- Acquisition of working land - a skeletal scheme for connecting investors to a stacked group of land users to maximize income stream from land that brings more land under sustained trust status.
- Salish Sea Restoration Camp - inspired by the Altiplano vision of John Liu, a version for the Salish Sea.